Last Known Activity|
Retired US Air Force Colonel with 34 years of service, noe deceased.
Model General Dynamics F-111F Aardvark
Length 73.49 ft | 22.40 m
Width 62.99 ft | 19.20 m
Height 17.13 ft | 5.22 m
Engine(s) 2 x Pratt & Whitney TF30-P-111 turbofan engines generating 25,100lbs of standard thrust each.
Empty Weight 47,840 lbs | 21,700 kg
MTOW 100,002 lbs | 45,360 kg
Max Speed 914 mph | 1,471 km/h | 794 kts
Max Range 2,900 miles | 4,667 km
Ceiling 57,907 ft | 17,650 m | 11.0 miles
Climb Rate Not Available
Armament 1 x 22mm cannon
Mission-specific ordnance can include any of the following:
GBU-12 laser-guided bomb
GBU-10 laser guided bomb
AGM-84 HARM anti-radar anti-radiation Missile
AGM-142 air-to-surface missile
AIM-9 Sidewinder air-to-air missile
Conventional Iron / Dumb / Drop Bombs
* F-111A - Initial Production Model Designation; 23 pre-production models produced; Total of 158 at production end fitted with 18,500lb TF30-P-3 powerplants; 42 converted to EF-111A Ravens.
* F-111B - Cancelled Fleet Defense Variant of which 5 pre-production models were produced.
* F-111C - Australian Export Models of which 24 were produced.
* F-111D - 96 Production Models fitted with TF30-P-0 powerplants generating 19,600lbs of thrust each.
* F-111E - 94 Production Models of this type.
* F-111F - 106 Production Models of this type fitted with TF30-P-111 capable of 25,100lbs of thrust each.
* EF-111A "Raven" - Electronic Warfare Model Designation based on converted F-111 "A" models; retired in 1998.
* FB-111A - Strategic Model Designation of which 76 were produced; fitted with 2 x additional hardpoints, increased wingspan and TF30-P-7 powerplants generating 20,150lbs of thrust; improved electronics.
* F-111G - Converted FB-111A Models for European Theater use; RAAF usage of this model as well.
* EF-111A - Electronic Warfare Conversion Models of F-111A series; 42 converted in this way.